This year’s flu clinics for eligible patients will begin on 24th September 2020. These will all be based at the Holt Surgery.
Who is eligible for a free flu vaccination this year?
- Patients aged 65 years and over.
- Patients under 65 years of age in certain clinical at risk groups (including at risk children) such as pregnant women and patients with certain long term conditions such as diabetes and COPD. A full list of the “at risk” groups can be found on the NHS website.
- Patients of any age who are carers of older or at-risk patients, healthcare workers and patients living in long-stay residential care homes.
- Patients aged 50-64 should check the practice website after September for information on when vaccinations may be available.
Booking is essential. Lines will open from Tuesday 4th August. Eligible patients should call the surgery on the main number 01263 712461 and select option 8.
Appointment times will be staggered to ensure a steady and manageable footfall throughout the day.
With the added risks from Covid-19 we are taking extra precautions to ensure we can meet the needs of our patients whilst maintaining safe social distancing.
Remember: anyone attending the surgery must wear a face covering inside the building. Wherever possible we will be asking patients to keep 2m distance from the next person when queuing.
High Risk / Very Vulnerable Patients
It may be possible for our most vulnerable patients to receive their vaccination in their car, whilst in the car park thus avoiding the need to enter the surgery.
This will be assessed on a case by case basis. Please make the staff aware if you fall into this category when you arrive on your allocated day.
Adhoc Jabs Available at the Holt Surgeries On Site Pharmacy
Kelling Pharmacy also has flu vaccinations available for eligible patients. There is no need to book, there is free parking, just turn up and ask for the flu jab.
Due to supply and demand issues with vaccine stocks, we will not be offering private flu vaccinations to any patients. This position may be reviewed later in the season.
Children Aged Two and Three
All children aged 2 and 3 years at 31st August 2020 (born between 1st Sept 2016 and 31st August 2018) will be eligible for a nasal spray flu vaccine and will be seen in separate, pre-booked childrens’ clinics.
We will contact you about these clinics when we know more about availability of the vaccination. Please do not call us.
For details of who is eligible for the shingles vaccination this year, go to the NHS Website. We will contact all eligible patients inviting them to have their shingles vaccinations in special, pre-booked clinics.
These patients will also have their flu jab at the same time so should not attend the larger flu clinic days.
These are available free of charge for the following groups of patients:
- Patients aged 65 years and over.
- Patients under 65 years of age in certain clinical at risk groups (such as patients with certain respiratory conditions e.g.COPD and Heart disease).
The pneumococcal vaccine protect against pneumococcal infections caused by the bacterium Streptococcus pneumonia. It particularly affects the very young, the elderly and those with impaired immunity or chronic conditions.
Please enquire if you are eligible for this vaccination, it can be given at any time throughout the year (as long as vaccines are available) and will be administered by a practice nurse.